It is the policy of CORTECH Oil Services Limited to conduct its activities in a way that will ensure the safety, health of her personnel and protect the environment.
To this end, the company will: - Integrate safety, health and environmental protection into everyday activities.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental laws or regulation.
- Encourage employees to initiate and maintain relationship with company public agents regarding safety, health and environmental matters. This will include recognizing and responding as appropriate to company and community concerns about such matters.
- Conserve company and natural resources by careful management of emissions, discharges and eliminating unnecessary waste generation.
- Maintain a product stewardship program by taking the appropriate steps to understand the health effect of CORTECH Oil Services products.
- Ensure conformity with this policy by a comprehensive compliance program including audits.
It is Cortech’s Occupational Health Policy to ensure medical fitness of all their Staff and Contractors through:
- Promoting Occupational Health awareness and personal hygiene to reduce health hazards associated with Machines Shop operations, Pipe Inspections, Coring services and General Maintenance services.
- Deploying only medically fit staff and contractors to such workshops and worksites, including customers’ worksites and shops.
- Ensuring that adequate measures are in place to protect staff from health hazards through use of appropriate PPE, immunization and if necessary, preventive isolation.
- Ensuring that drugs and alcohol are not kept or consumed by any Staff at all operational sites.
- Promoting awareness to prevent infection and spread of STD’s and other contagious diseases through meetings, seminars, site inspections and observations.
It is the responsibility of Management and Staff to adhere to the implementation of this policy.
Cortech believes that present day realities dictate that “Safety, Health and Environmental Policies” are not complete without Community Affairs compromise. As a result, Cortech proposes to enhance community relations in temporary and permanent operational areas as follows:
- Hiring of labour from respective host community (temporary and permanent areas).
- Employment of host community indigenes, in accordance with appropriate Government Edicts, and in compliance with local discussed arrangements.
- Assistance within reach for development projects, if informed, of permanent host community operational areas.
- Issue of contracts, if available, to host community indigenous contractors depending on experience, eligibility, viability and sustainability.
- Pay homage to traditional ruler of host community for continuous and harmonious relationships.
In addition, Cortech avers to keep “dialogue” her watchword, with accredited host community bodies concerned, for smooth, safe and environmentally friendly operations.
The policy of the Company is one of strict observance of all laws applicable to its business. The Company’s policy does not stop there. Even where the law is permissive, the Company chooses the course of the highest integrity. Local customs, traditions and laws differ from place to place and this must be recognized. But honesty is not subject to criticism in any culture. Shades of dishonesty simply invite demoralizing and reprehensible judgments. A well-founded reputation for scrupulous dealing is itself a priceless company asset.
Employees must understand that the Company does care how results are obtained, not just that they are obtained. Employees must be encouraged to tell higher management all that they are doing, to record all transactions accurately in their books and records and to be honest and forthcoming with the Company’s internal and external auditors. The Company expects employees to report suspected violations of law or Company’s policies to Company management.
The Company expects compliance with its standard of integrity throughout the organization and will not tolerate employees who achieve results at the cost of violation of laws or who deal unscrupulously. The Company supports and expects you to support any employee who passes up an opportunity or advantage that would sacrifice ethical standards. Equally important, the Company expects candor from managers at all levels and compliance with Company’s policies, accounting rules and control. One harm which results when managers conceal information from higher management, or the auditors is that subordinates within their organizations think they are being given a signal that Company policies and rules can be ignored when they are inconvenient. This can result in corruption and demoralization of an organization. The Company’s system of management will not work without honesty, including honest book-keeping, honest budget proposals and honest economic evaluation of projects. It is the Company’s policy that all transactions shall be accurately reflected in its books and records. This, of course, means that falsification of its books and records or the creation or maintenance of any off-the-record bank account is strictly prohibited.
The consumption of alcoholic drinks at Cortech installation during working is strictly prohibited. Personnel consuming or under the influence of alcohol during working time will be subject to dismissal. The consumption of and possession of alcoholic drinks on both offshore and onshore drilling installations is strictly prohibited. Cortech personnel contravening this regulation will be dismissed. Cortech personnel driving vehicles or proceeding on company business while under the influence of alcohol, will be dismissed.
Drugs fall into three categories
- Available in some countries – illegal in other e.g. Paracetamol in Greece
Cortech personnel undergoing treatment for a medical condition involving the use of prescribed drugs, shall ensure that their ability to carry out their work normally is not impaired. They should check with their doctor regarding possible side effects and advise their manager accordingly. Staff using these drugs should not be permitted to work on the rig site.The types of side effect involved are:
ProhibitedPossession of and use of all prohibited drugs and substances as defined under the Law will render the Cortech employee liable for dismissal. Prohibited drugs include but are not limited to :
Cortech is committed to providing highly professional service using available local human and material resources without compromise to acceptable industry standard, quality, health, safety and the environment.
To be the preferred indigenous oil and gas company in our areas of specialty in the upstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria with a reputation for quality and timely service to her clients in a safe manner
To provide a highly professional and competitive service with a goal to achieve customer satisfaction and share holders profitability.
Nigeria being the second largest producer of LPG in Africa has a huge gas reserve of about 182 trillion cubic feet, producing over 2MTPA and